Number of locations
Number of employees
Wisecap® is a European manufacturer of plastic caps and closures for the beverage industry.
The group operates five production plants in three different countries (Italy, Spain and the Czech Republic), producing more than 12 billion caps per year, employing 250 people. The client portfolio includes all the main bottlers in Europe, Africa and North America.
Wisecap is aware of trends and is able to anticipate their clients needs, offering personalised consultancy to for the best quality.
- Research and Development
- Cap Design & Development
- Technical Services
- 1970s - 1977 founded by Piero Delfanti, the company CDS started production of caps for PET bottles
- 1990s - the CDS company moves to a larger headquarters in Piacenza
- 2007 - Alessandro Delfanti becomes CEO of the company
- CDS acquires the italian company Viroplastic
- 2013 - CDS acquires the Czech Republic subsidiary of Viroplastic
- 2015 - CDS introduces the lightest plastic cap for water bottles in Europe
- 2017 - acquires a shareholding participation in DeAgostini Group
- 2018 - CDS acquires Inplast, Spain
- 2021 - the merger of CDS, Viroplastic and Manufacturas Inplast leads to the foundation of WISECAP®
- WISECAP® acquires VIKI PLAST, the leading European manufacturer of caps and closures for the HOD market and water dispensers
PETplanet Insider Articles
Issue 05 / 2021: Wisecap welcomes new R&D Manager