Number of employees
TAMPOPRINT started as a one-man engraving business in 1956 originally in Stuttgart, Germany. Today the company is the market leader in the construction of special machines for pad printing and laser engraving.
Since printing has grown to mean more than decoration and lettering, TAMPOPRINT has been pivotal in turning mere objects into effective products.
TAMPOPRINT develops techniques to print on surfaces that are supposed to be unprintable or to print on substances that were previously unusable as print media.
In addition TAMPOPRINT offers customizing, optimization, maintanance and repair services as well as courses of training for the operators of their machines.
TAMPOPRINT employs more than 170 people, has its own production facilities, a sister company and two subsidiaries based in Spain and the USA. The company group also has a worldwide dealer network.
For decades TAMPOPRINT has been the specialist for the printing and laser/marking of closures. Especially for customers from the beverage and packaging industry TAMPOPRINT offers the platform http://closure-net.tampoprint.de/. Here you will find everything related to pad prinitng in the beverage industry.
Products / Technology
Rotary Pad Printing Machines
TAMPOPRINT offers rotary pad printing automations for closures:
TAMPOPRINT offers laser systems for customizations:
Overview TAMPOPRINT Brochures
- 1956 – founded by Wilfried Philipp
- 1961 - move to larger premises in Zuffenhausen, Stuttgart, hiring first employees
- 1968 - Move to Kallenberg
- around 60 employees
- invents the silicone pad
- 1977 - Name change to TAMPOPRINT GmbH
- 1984 - launch of closure printing (CLOSURE-PRINT series)
- 1989 - new company headquarters in Korntal-Münchingen
- 2001 - change of company status to TAMPOPRINT AG
- 2003 - first laser marking of drinks closures on the inside
- 2006 - 50th anniversary of the company
- 2015 – around 170 employees
- 2016 - 60th anniversary of the company
PETplanet Insider Articles
Issue 11 / 2017: Advanced pad printing technology for bottle closures