|Xaver Auer (CEO)|
Number of employees
Located in Schönberg, Germany, Sesotec is one of the world‘s leading manufacturers and developers of inspection, separation and sorting systems. The company‘s systems are used in process, packaging, and production lines throughout industry and in specialized preparation of materials for recycling.
Sesotes‘s customers operate in a variety of industries, including food, pharmaceuticals and plastics, as well as wood, glass and recycling.
Sesotec offers a full range of equipment for contaminant separation – from basic sorting through to precision separation applications. Their systems sort mixed streams into single fractions, playing a pivotal role in ensuring that highly pure recycled material can be profitably reprocessed in the production cycle. Sesotec claims that in the PET industries their systems achieve recycling rates approaching 100%.
PET bottle recycling
- The multi-sensor sorting system Varisort is used to automatically separate impurities from PET-Bottle streams. The Varisort series is based on a modular concept in which up to three sensors can be combined
- The metal separation system Varisort M automatically removes metal particles from the PET-Bottle stream
- The contaminant separator Varisort N separates different types of plastics from the PET-Bottle stream
- The foreign colour separator Varisort C is used to separate differently coloured PET-Bottle streams into pure colour fractions.
PET flake recycling
The multi-sensor sorting system Flake Purifier is used to automatically separate impurities from PET-Flake streams. The Flake Purifier C series is based on a modular concept in which up to three sensors can be combined:
- The metal separation system Flake Purifier M automatically removes metal particles from the PET-Flake stream
- The contaminant separator Flake Purifier N separates different types of plastics from the PET-Flake stream
- The foreign colour separator Flake Purifier C is used to separate differently coloured PET-Flake streams into pure colour fractions
Sesotec was founded in 1976 under the company name S + S. In 1980 the company offered its first metal separator. S + S was acquired by Karl Eibl, Helmuth Frisch, Paul Dittrich, Franz Greipl in 1993. In 2011 the VTC group became new majority holder. In 2015 the company name was changed to Sesotec.
- 1976 – foundes as Inductive and capacitive sensor systems
- 1980 - first metal separator
- 1986 - new construction in the industrial area of Schönberg
- 1993 - S+S acquired by Karl Eibl, Helmuth Frisch, Paul Dittrich, Franz Greipl
- 2001 - foundation of subsidiaries
- 2002 - construction of two new production halls
- 2005 - change of company name and new corporate design
- 2006 - construction of new sales and training building
- 2008 - construction of new production halls for mechanical production (extension and new production processes)
- 2009 - annex to the shipping hall
- 2011 - VTC group new majority holder
- 2015 - change of company name to Sesotec
PETplanet Insider Articles
Issue 03 / 2021: Solutions for a profitable circular economy
Issue 07 / 2020: Closing the PET cycle with sorting and material analysis systems
Issue 05 / 2019: Nampak Inspection & Coding Systems new partner of Sesotec in South Africa
Issue 04 / 2019: Tackling PET recycling
Issue 10 / 2017: Simple-connected
Issue 09 / 2017: PET flake sorting station
Issue 09 / 2017: Sesotec has a new managing director in Italy
Issue 08 / 2017: Sesotec GmbH: New location
Issue 03 / 2017: Metal detection
Issue 03 / 2016: Reduction of waste
Issue 12 / 2011: New S+S sorting systems
Issue 12 / 2010: K2010 Review – Contaminant detectors and seperators