Established in 1997 the company PET-Verpackungen GmbH Deutschland as a branch of the well-known container glass manufacturer Wiegand-Glas.
With this background PET-Verpackungen GmbH started production with state od the art injection moulding machines and the production of PET preforms which was completed by PET bottles blown in-house on latest blowing systems.
Located in Großenbreitenbach/Thuringia the company is a well-known preform and PET bottle manufacturer throughout Europe today. This in turn requires the continous upgrade and improvement of th company‘s moulds and production systems with the latest technology. Run by the managing dirctors Nicolaus and Oliver Wiegand the family-owned company offers a variety of packing solutions.
Products / Technology
- 1997 – founded as asubsidiary of the container glass manufacturer Wiegand-Glas
- 1998 – start of operation with first injection moulding system with 48 cavity moulds
- 2003 – multilayer preforms and preforms with different barrier solutions
- 2006 – installation of a injection blow-mould system
- 2013 – PET-Verpackungen took over all sales and marketing activities of the subsidiary of the Israeli LOG-Plastic Company Ltd. to complement its product portfolio by PET-hotfill-bottles
PETplanet Insider Articles
Issue 09 / 2016: Lightweigt Containers to open new KeyKeg production line in Germany
Issue 10 / 2015: PET-Verpackungen puts focus on multilayer systems
Issue 10 / 2014: Standard and special bottles and jars