O. Berk Company
|Headquarters||Union, New Jersey, USA|
O. Berk Company was founded in Newark, New Jersey in 1910 by Osias Berk. Over the years O.Berk has expanded the scope of resources and services through major acquisitions. Over the course of four generations as a family-owned and operated business, O. Berk Company and its affiliated companies have been enabled to continue as a leading, full-service supplier of glass and plastic containers and closures in the USA.
The company offers a huge selection on glass, plastic, and metal containers from small glass dropper bottles to plastic round base double wall jars, pistol grip liter size glass jugs to UN approved plastic and metal drums. Furthermore the company offers closures made from plastic or metal, CT, CRC, pumps and sprayers. The offer of O. Berk is rounded off by Labelling utilizing a wide variety of decorating techniques to create a perfect package.
The company’s headquarters was moved from Newark to Irvington in 1965, to Linden in 1973, and to its present headquarters site in Union in 1983. The company has warehouses with capacity exceeding 200,000 sq. ft. and currently serves over 3,500 top consumer brands in the household, beauty and pharmaceutical industries through a regional and national distribution network.
Products / Technology
- Plastic Caps
- Metal Caps
- Screen Printing
- Offset Printing
- Pressure-Sensitive Labelling
- Spot Labelling
- Hot Stamping
- Pad Printing
- 1910 – founded by Osias Berk in Newark, New Jersey
- 1973 – acquired J. W. Wilson Glass Company
- 1976 – acquired United Bottle Company
- 1983 – acquired KOLS Containers
- 1994 – acquired J. Rabinowitz & Sons, Inc.
- 1997 - acquired Apex Bottle Company
- 1998 – acquired Feldman Glass Company
- 2001 – acquired Great Age Container, Inc
- 2002 – acquired Greenfield Packaging Industries, Inc
- 2016 – acquired VPI Packaging