Number of employees
National Plastic Group from Chennai, India is a leading manufacturer of plastic injection molded products for over six decades. The foundation of the Group were laid down in 1951 by Bachhraj Parakh who was a pioneer in the plastic industry in South India. Today the company employs more than 400 people.
The commitment of National Plastics Group to the plastic industry enabled them to offer a wide range of products for various industries like beverage packaging, auto components, consumer electronics and IT peripherals. Today the National Plastics Group is one of the largest manufacturers of injection molded automotive components in Chennai and one of the top 3 manufacturers of PET preforms in India.
The Group operates through:
- National Plastic Technologies Ltd.
- this group caters mainly to the requirements of the automotive Industry and the consumer electronics and IT peripherals sector
- National Poly Plast (India) Ltd.
- incorporated in 1992 National Poly Plast caters mainly to the beverage packaging industry and produces PET preforms, bottle crates and display racks.
- National Autoplast
- formed in 2009 National Autoplast caters the requirements of the automotive industry. A new facility was established at Oragadam, Chennai for this purpose.
Products / Technology
- Beverage packaging
- PET preforms
- Automotive components
- Industrial molding
- 1951 – established
- 1975 - National Products formed for the manufacture of house hold products
- 1985 – start of the manufacturing for the white goods sector
- 1989 - incorporated Hi-Tech Plastics Pvt Ltd. - known now as National Plastics Technologies Ltd.
- 1991 – started manufacturing for the beverage packaging sector
- 1996 – National Polyplast (India) Ltd. took over the business of National Products
- 1999 – forayed into manufacture of automotive components
- 2009 – National Autoplast formed to cater the growing requirements of the automotive industry
PETplanet Insider Articles
Issue 12 / 2019: Diversity in plastic conversion