|CEO Thomas Federer|
The swiss-based MULLER is a global leader in mold making and automation technology for the development of thin-wall plastic packaging, manufacturing leading-edge robots and molds for customers across the globe.
The company employs 200 highly trained specialists in locations in Switzerland and the USA and offers their international customers a comprehensive range of services with a focus on product development, part and label design, engineering, molding machine recommendation and mold and/or automation solutions.
Other key services of MULLER include piloting and quality control services such as in-house testing, production of molds and automation systems, as well as turnkey solutions with overall project coordination and customer support. MULLER’s international standing ensures the support of companies from the food, non-food, health care and medical packaging technology sectors in the development of new packaging for their products.
The company has delivered expertise in all aspects of plastic thin-wall projects since 1952.
MULLER serves the following industries:
- Medical packaging
- Thin-wall packaging
- Flip-top caps
- Analysis and appraisal of individual customer requirements, taking into account all technical and economic aspects. Design work includes a 3-D volume-oriented CAD/CAM for generating complex geometric forms.
- Moldflow analysis
- Simulation analysis serves as the basis for calculation of possible weight reductions resulting in signficiant cost savings. Moldflow analysis ensures optimum flow distribution for homogeneous part filling that enhances mold’s service life substantially and insures that IML applications have limited blow-by and low scrap rates.
- FEM analysis
- moldflow simulations
- product performance calculations (top load, stackability, etc.)
- weight optimisation
- molding machine tonnage calculations
- mold cooling analysis to insure fastest cycle times
- Pilot work
- support during initial product development and throughout the pilot phase, providing services, tools and systems to facilitate the entire development process
- IML Robots
- Takeout Robots
- Lid Stackers
- Case Packing
- Vision Inspection
- Quick-Change Sets (EOAT’s)
- Single face molds
- Stack molds
- Mold refurbishment and repair
- 1952 - Dollins Tool Inc., based in Independence, Missouri, USA, is founded
- 1959 - Swiss company H. MÜLLER-Fabrique de Moules SA is founded
- 1970 - CBW Automation Inc., based in Lawrence, Kansas, USA, is founded
- 2017 - Mold and Robotics Holding AG is formed. The Holding acquires H. MÜLLER-Fabrique de Moules SA and later CBW Automation, now based in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
- 2018 - DOLLINS Tool joins the Mold & Robotics Group
- 2019 - The Mold & Robotics Group changes its corporate name to MULLER
PETplanet Insider Articles
Issue 04 / 2021: Case packer for lids and containers