The company Kiefel GmbH has been a world market leader in design and manufacture of plastic processing machines and tools for over 60 years now. Some of the most prestigious manufacturers in the automotive, medical technology, refrigerator and packaging industry rely on Kiefel as their technology partner.
Kiefel GmbH is part of the Brückner group, based in Siegsdorf, which is a global leader in supplying machines and systems for plastics processing.
Originally located in Freiassing, Germany the company has subsidiaries in the Netherlands, Austria and the Czech Republic employing a staff of approximately 1200 people.
As a technology partner for packaging solutions, Kiefel offers more than just machines. Kiefel is a one-stop supplier and accompanies customers from the joint development of new packaging to turnkey solutions as a effective and reliable partner, supporting customers in every phase.
Kiefels comprehensive knowledge of various thermoforming technologies and extensive engineering expertise ensures the success of their customers projects. Plastic packaging produced on Kiefel systems meet highest quality requirements.
In technology centers in Germany, the USA and China Kiefel supports customers from the first product idea, to the configuration of the manufacturing plant and on to mass production.
Kiefel supports customers throughout the lifetime of their systems and is committed to optimizing the availability and value conservation of customers‘ systems.
Products / Technology
Specialist for plastics processing systems:
- KMD Speedformer series steel rule cutting machines
- CAT - intelligent operator panel
- KTR Thermorunner series tilting machines (Cup forming machines)
- Blowliner for injection-stretching-blow moulding
- 1945 – founded by Paul Kiefel
- 1951 – first HF welding machines
- 1955 – foundation of the Paul Kiefel GmbH in Freilassing
- Renolit Group became a shareholder
- 1962 – first thermoforming machines
- 1995 foundation of Kiefel Technologies, Inc. Service and manufacturing in USA
- 1998 – first servo-motric driven pressure forming machines
- 2002 – lauching of KMD speedformer
- 2003 – Kiefel starts with design and manufacturing of cup forming machines
- 2007 – Brückner takes over 100% of Kiefel AG
- 2008 - Kiefel Russia founded and opening of Kiefel China Office
- 2009 – Kiefel Brazil founded
- 2010 – Kiefel Indonesia and Kiefel India Offices opened
- 2012 – New Technology Center and Campus in Freilassing opened
- 2014 - Kiefel GmbH aquires the Czech company SWA s.r.o.
- 2016 Kiefel GmbH aquires the dutch company Bosch Sprang BV and the Austrian company Mould & Matic Solutions GmbH