Number of locations
corvaglia is a family-owned provider of closure solutions for PET bottles. Over the period of three decades, a company group with three sites and a worldwide network of partners in over 15 countries was established, which now includes renowned multinational conglomerates among its customers. corvaglia offers fully integrated process chain – from creation to fitting on the bottle.
According to corvaglia, over 20% of all PET bottles filled with soft drinks all over the world are fitted with corvaglia closures.
Products / Technology
- Closure design and development
- Mould design and manufacturing of high precision moulds
- Closure production
- Application and technical support
- CSD (Carbonated Soft Drinks) & Carbonated Bottled Water
- Still Bottled Water (pressurized & non-pressurized)
- Sensitive Drinks (Juices, Teas, Flavored Waters, etc.)
- Sports + Energy Drinks
- Dairy + Edible Oil
- 1991 - Romeo Corvaglia founds "Corvaglia Development" in Steckborn (Switzerland) with the vision in mind to develop integral closure solutions. From day 1 the focus was set on one-piece-closures made of plastic to be used on PET-beverage bottles.
- 1992 - First sales of closure production installations in China and Korea.
- 1997 - Acquisition of "Werkzeugbau Kellenberger AG" in Kaltenbach (Switzerland) and change of name to Corvaglia AG (nowadays Corvaglia Mould AG).
- 2004 - Corvaglia Closures S.A. de C.V. begins production in a newly built production facility in Ixtlahuaca, Mexico. Corvaglia Mould AG is certified to ISO 9001.
- 2005 - Acquisition of a 23'000 square-meter production facility in Eschlikon (Switzerland) and start of production at Corvaglia Closures Eschlikon AG.
- 2007 - Relocation of Corvaglia Mould AG into the new headquarter in Eschlikon.
- 2008 - Significant investments into new installations and machinery. Between 2003 and 2015 roughly 75 million CHF have been invested into the new locations in Eschlikon and Ixtlahuaca.
- 2010 - A new laboratory is established at the Eschlikon site. Due to the use of state-of-the-art equipment and test procedures the lab was officially accredited by one of the leading brand owners.
- 2012 - New ERP-, CAD-, CAM- and PLM-systems are successfully introduced and implemented.
- 2013 - Since 2013 the whole corvaglia group has been certified to all relevant ISO certificates.
- 2015 - Since the commissioning of a fully automated milling center for mould plates the Corvaglia Mould AG closes the last remaining gap in order to carry out all manufacturing operations unmanned around the clock.
- 2016 - 2018 - The automation Level at corvaglia's closure production site in Eschlikon increased significantly.
- 2017 - Foundation of Corvaglia Closures USA Inc.
PETplanet Insider Articles
Issue 11 / 2019: Mould making, a review
Issue 10 / 2019: Tethered caps for carbonated and non-carbonated beverages
Issue 01 / 2019: Future challenges in cap handling
Issue 09 / 2017: All about closures
Issue 01 / 2017: corvaglia Closures Eschlikon AG has new General Manager
Issue 06 / 2016: Change in management at corvaglia Closures Mexico
Issue 09 / 2016: Closure systems
Issue 03 / 2016: Inspection: Perfect position
Issue 01 / 2015: corvaglia Group: Romeo corvaglia found his successor
Issue 08 / 2014: Mexican subsidiary of corvaglia celebrates 10th anniversary
Issue 01 / 2014: Caps and closures
Issue 09 / 2013: All about caps
Issue 09 / 2013: Change of management at corvaglia Closures Eschlikon AG
Issue 04 / 2013: Sense and sensitivity
Issue 04 / 2013: New members for restructured corvaglia Board
Issue 11 / 2012: Management shake-up at corvaglia
Issue 05 / 2012: Closure moulds - a complicated issue
Issue 05 / 2012: Management changes at corvaglia
Issue 01 / 2012: New caps for new markets
Issue 04 / 2012: From commodities to custom-made items
Issue 11 / 2011: corvaglia opens new laboratory
Issue 12 / 2010: Arabian filling company chooses corvaglia cap solution
Issue 10 / 2010: Short-neck closure introduction to North America
Issue 07 / 2010: Short, light and eco-friendly
Issue 02 / 2010: The advantage of independent fillers over big brands