|CSI Closure Systems International|
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe. CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance capping equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability. CSI is part of Reynolds Group Holdings' Packaging Division, which is a Rank Group Limited company.
Products / Technology
- Capping Machines
- Cap Handling Systems
- Headsets and Chucks
- Spare Parts
- Technical Services Support
- 1930s - Aluminum closures were first developed at Alcoa's New Kensington, PA research lab.
- 1940s - Closure manufacturing operations began in Richmond, Indiana
- 1950s - Aluminum tamper-evident liquor, pharmaceutical and motor oil closures dominated their markets
- 1960s - The resealable 28mm aluminum roll-on closure was developed for the beer and soft drink industries.
- 1970s - Alcoa CSI was created through the unification of Alcoa's worldwide metal closure and capping equipment businesses
- 1980s - Alcoa CSI acquired H-C Industries, Inc.
- 1990s - The "Double-Lok" closure was developed. New plants in China, Bahrain, Hungary, and Russia. International expansion also included the addition of a European regional headquarters in London, a regional sales office in Singapore, and a technical service center in Malaysia
- 2000s - Alcoa CSI acquired MCG Closures, Ltd. and Southern Plastics (Kilgore, TX),
- 2003 - New European headquarters in Barcelona, Spain
- 2004 - Alcoa CSI South America, the former Aluminio and Alusud closure businesses located in South America, became organizationally integrated with Alcoa CSI
- 2008 - Rank Group Limited, headquartered in New Zealand, acquired Alcoa's Packaging Group, including Alcoa Closure Systems International. The company name became Closure Systems International, commonly abbreviated as CSI
PETplanet Insider Articles
Issue 06 / 2014: Ease of opening
Issue 09 / 2013: Consistent changeovers
Issue 05 / 2013: Ultralight closure for CSD and sparkling beverages
Issue 11 / 2012: Capped and closed
Issue 09 / 2012: Capping solutions
Issue 04 / 2012: Shadow and GNC bring in CSI
Issue 11 / 2011: Flexible maintenance
Issue 04 / 2011: Lightweight closure systems
Issue 06 / 2010: Closure Systems International and Pact group announce Australasian Partnership
Issue 08 / 2009: Short height closures, wine closures and lighter weight
Issue 09 / 2008: Closure Systems International expands aseptic range