|Headquarters||New York, USA|
The Ampacet corporation focuses extensively on color, special effects and advanced functional additives and masterbatch products. The company also offers black and white masterbatches as well as process aids.
The products of Ampacet are used in applications ranging from packaging, sporting goods, home decor, cosmetics and beauty to appliances, automotive, healthcare, 3D printing and aerospace. Ampacet partners with their suppliers and customers to create masterbatch formulations that will help to bring products to market quickly.
The company‘s global and multidisciplinary teams offer in-depth technical, analytical and color-matching support as well as on-site troubleshooting services and prototyping.
Ampatec operates 25 manufacturing sites in 18 countries: Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, India, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, the U.K. and U.S. In addition the corporation has four research and development centers-two in the Americas, one in Europe and other Asia.
Sustainability is a priority for Ampacet, whether it‘s working within global organizations or facilities plastics recycling, ensuring that Ampacet‘s facilities conserving raw materials while reducing energy consumption or developing new recycle-ready products.
Additionally the company developed a sustainability policy company-wide to include employee participation in local community-based recycling and environmental conservation efforts.
Products / Technology
- Black, White and Color Products
- Color Effects
- Process Colors
- 1937–1954 – founded as American Powder and chemical corporation in Brooklyn, New York. Reclaimed nylon hosiery for military use during World War II
- 1954–1985 – Developed color concentrates and opened new plants
- 1985-2000 – Global expansion with new operations in Europe, South America and Asia expanded operations in North America.
- 2000–2015 – Established new facilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil,Thailand, Poland, Argentina, Russia, China, India, Luxembourg, Australia, and New Zealand
- 2015–2018 – As the company grew to become a global solution provider, sales exceed one billion dollars.
PETplanet Insider Articles
Issue 07 / 2010: UVA additive with improved clarity
Issue 11 / 2008: More attractive colour for RPET
Issue 09 / 2008: Ampacet „CrystalClear“ UV additive
Issue 08 / 2008: “Chrome finish“ additive for PET
Issue 04 / 2008: Ampacet Amber masterbatches for pharmaceuticals
Issue 01 / 2008: A hint of blue at the edges