With it‘s headquarter in Fairlawn, Ohio, USA the company A. Schulman is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins, which are used in a variety of markets.
A. Schulman‘s principal product lines consist of proprietary and custom-formulated engineered plastic compounds, engineered composites, color concentrates and additives that improve the appearance, performance or ability to process plastics in a number of specialized applications. The company has five innovation and collaboration centers around the world, developing new products and addressing the company‘s customer needs.
A. Schulman‘s customers span a wide range of markets, covering packaging, mobility, building and construction, electronics and electrical, agriculture, personal care and hygiene, sports, leisure and home, custom, services and others.
A. Schulman‘s high-performance plastic compounds and resins are used as raw materials in a variety of markets. The enterprise provides services and products for injection, extrusion, blown-film extrusion, rotational and blow molding industries, as well as thermoforming industry. Customers benefit from their deep industry knowledge and enables them to develop some of the most widely used products world wide.
The company operates facilities all over the world in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle-East, Africa and Asia-Pacific regions. These plants, offices and technical centers are strategically located to serve customer needs.
Products / Technology
- Engineered thermoplastics
- Special powders
- high-performance rotomoulding powders
- technical coating powders
- polymer grinding
- custom compounding services.
- Engineered composites
- 1929 – founded, the company built its first production plant in Akron, Ohio
- 1935 - opening of East St. Louis Plant supplying custom-fabricated precision rubber parts for the automotive industry
- 1955 - opening of plant in Bellevue, Ohio for mixing and processing PVC, ABS resins, PP, PE, and PS
- 1959 – opening of Orange Dispersions Plant in Orange, Texas for processing polyethylenes
- 1963 - opening of Bornem Plant in Belgium
- 1973 - opening of the Kerpen Plant in Germany and the Crumlin Plant in the United Kingdom
- 1990 - opening of the Givet Plant in France
- 1994 - acquisition of Comalloy International in Nashville, Tennessee
- 1995 - opening of San Luis Potosí Plant in Mexico
- 1996 - opening of the Indonesia Plant
- 1996 - acquisition Specialty Compounding Division in Sharon Center, Ohio
- 2000 - acquisition Gorla Plant in Italy
- 2007 - acquisition Delta Plast in Sweden
- 2009 - opening of Akron Polybatch Plant
- 2011 - acquisition Surplast in Argentina
- 2012 - acquisition Elian in France
- 2012 - acquisition ECM in Worcester, Mass.
- 2014 - acquisition Ferro Specialty Plastics which comprises four plants in the U.S.A. and one in Spain
- 2015 - acquisition Citadel Plastics
- 2018 - LyondellBasell Announces Entry into a Definitive Agreement to acquire A. Schulman, Inc.