The PRSE Virtual conference (9 to 11 December 2020) will examine the latest developments in plastics recycling, practical solutions for the sustainable use of plastics, dealing with plastic waste and better design for recycling.
Virginijus Sinkevičius, Commissioner for Environment, Oceans and Fisheries at the European Commission will deliver the opening keynote and join the panel for the opening session entitled The New Reality for Plastics features. Fellow panellists include Ton Emans, President of Plastics Recyclers Europe (PRE) and Maria Ciliberti, Vice President at Borealis. They will look at the current state of the affairs and new developments of the plastics-related EU legislation and the industry’s answer to the ongoing legislative changes. Materials focus sessions on day one will cover PET (polyethylene terephthalate) and PVC (polyvinylchloride).
Day two of the virtual conference starts with the session entitled Revisiting Plastics Recyclability featuring Maja Desgrées du Loú, Policy Officer for Packaging and Packaging Waste at the European Commission, and Fabrizio Di Gregorio, Technical Manager of PRE. Moderated by RecyClass President, Paolo Glerean, this session will focus on the revision of the Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive and the latest developments in the field of plastic packaging recyclability. The second day’s materials focus sessions will cover the current status of polyolefin waste streams including high- and low-density polyethylene (LDPE and HDPE).
The event also features five sponsored “Ask the Expert” Livestreams with leading industry experts from EREMA, KraussMaffei, Vecoplan, Sesotec and Milliken exploring a wide range of technical topics with in-depth presentations and Q & A sessions including:
- Driving the circular economy in plastic recycling: performance factors for post-consumer (PET/PO) applications and innovative lighthouse projects with Christoph Wöss and Clemens Kitzberger of EREMA
- Circular Economy & Compounding: Latest products, services and solutions with Carl-Philip Poepel, Ralf J. Dahl and Josef Art of KraussMaffei
- Next level in plastics pre-treatment with Daniel Wienand and Philipp Güth of Vecoplan
- How to tackle challenges in plastics sorting with Dominik Ebner, Benjamin Häusler and Franz Schaab of Sesotec
- Enhancing the properties of recycled polypropylene resins in injection moulding with Tugce Asici-van Houselt and Marta Sans Peña of Milliken
A unique matchmaking service will run at PRSE Virtual, creating networking opportunities for participants and opportunities to connect buyers and sellers. Each attendee is given recommended matches based on their registration profile and is able to search for additional matches using category and keyword filters. Attendees can chat and request and accept video call meet ups with exhibitors via the application. Organised jointly by Crain Communications and Plastics Recyclers Europe, PRSE is a pan-European event designed specifically for plastics recycling professionals. It brings together key players from across the entire plastics recycling value chain to showcase innovative technology, share best practice, network and do business.
For more details of the PRSE Virtual event including the full conference programme and free registration visit: www.prseventeurope.com